New Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines recommend the prescribing of opioid pain relievers in primary care settings. In support of this recommendation, our Emergency Department no longer prescribes opioids for chronic pain. Learn more at:
A medical emergency can happen at any time. That’s why our Emergency Department provides high-quality services and compassionate care 24/7.
As part of our ongoing system improvement efforts, our emergency room offers:
- Shorter wait times and improved outcomes
- Access to extensive diagnostic testing labs and technology
- Top-tier emergency medical physicians, specially trained nurses and other healthcare professionals
- A specialized geriatric social worker who helps many patients navigate care at our hospital and transitions home
- A geriatric-friendly environment with large signs to improve their visibility and free magnifiers to make reading forms easier
When you need urgent care, you can count on Doctors Community Hospital’s Emergency Department in Lanham, Maryland.
Our updated systems and practices help ensure efficient, quality care - close to home.