On the Road to Wellness is an online course that helps you learn more about diabetes and the management of this complex disease. It includes all the information from the in-person classes, which are presented at various locations throughout Prince George's County. Learn more>>
Multidisciplinary Diabetes Care in one Convenient Location
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, you are not alone. Diabetes affects 25.8 million people or 8.3 percent of the U.S. population. In Prince George’s County, Maryland, those who have diabetes have a high rate of related emergency department visits.
Educating yourself about diabetes empowers you to manage your day-to-day life while living it to the fullest. You can improve your quality of life by understanding how diabetes works, knowing potential complications and making well-informed lifestyle decisions. When you need help, we are here.
Our Diabetes Care Program team has convenient locations in Greenbelt, Lanham and Laurel.
Our multidisicplinary team offers:
- Day-to-day diabetes management including insulin pump education and management
- Personalized and ongoing care tailored to your unique needs
- Ongoing support to help you manage your diabetes as it changes and your needs evolve
- Education about diabetes and what you can do to take charge of your health
- Comprehensive diagnostic services and treatments
Additionally, our Joslin Diabetes Center has educational services. It is the only diabetes center in Prince George's County accredited by the American Diabetes Association. The Joslin Diabetes Center offers education about diabetes to help you take charge of your health. The center also sponsors a diabetes support group every third Monday of each month.