Celebrating “Sore Losers” Every Day
If you're suffering from a non-healing wound, you are not alone. Every year, chronic wounds caused by diabetes, poor circulation or other conditions keep about five million Americans from doing things they love to do.
Non-healing wounds are those that have not healed in three to four weeks – increasing the risk of infection and sometimes loss of limb.
Advanced Technology to Quicken Healing
The Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine at Doctors Community Hospital in Prince George's County can help! Our multidisciplinary team of dedicated physicians, nurses and therapists specialize in wound care and the most up-to-date treatment technologies such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). Providing a combination of extensive experience, state-of-the-art equipment and compassionate care, we provide treatments for the following conditions:
- Bone infections
- Diabetic ulcers
- Failed or compromised skin grafts
- Lower-leg ulcers
- Post-operative wounds and infections
- Pressure ulcers or bed sores
- Radiation burns
- Skin tears or lacerations
Our wound care program has:
- Outstanding healing rates that are consistently above 90 percent since 2008
- State-of-the-art treatment with advanced therapies such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
- Dedicated healthcare professionals who specialize in wound treatment and support
- Convenient access to other diagnostic services and treatments at Doctors Community Hospital – your neighborhood hospital.