Doctors Community Hospital visitors will enjoy equal visitation privileges consistent with your preferences and subject to the hospital’s justification of clinical restrictions.
Some of these restrictions include:
- A court order limiting or restraining contact
- Behavior presenting a direct risk or threat to you, hospital staff or others in the immediate environment
- Behavior disruptive to the functioning of the patient care unit
- Reasonable limitations on the number of visitors at one time
- Your risk of infection by the visitor
- Visitor’s risk of infection by you
- Extraordinary protections because of a pandemic or infectious disease outbreak
- Substance abuse treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation
- Your need for privacy or rest
- You are undergoing a clinical intervention or procedure and the treating healthcare professional believes it is in your best interest to limit visitation during the clinical intervention or procedure
In all patient care areas except the Critical Care Center, visiting hours begin at 8 a.m. and end at 8 p.m. daily. Out of consideration for all patients, only two visitors per patient are permitted at a time.
Critical Care Center visiting hours are 11 a.m.–3 p.m. and 4 p.m.–7 p.m. When the announcement is made that visiting hours have ended in the evening, relatives, significant others and friends must leave the Critical Care Center waiting area. Exceptions can be made by the director of the Critical Care Center or the administrative nursing supervisor.
The hospital does not restrict, limit or otherwise deny visitation on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, English proficiency, age, gender or disability.
You may refuse or deny visitors at any time by letting the nursing staff know of your decision. Also, your decision can be shared by your representative and/or support person. If you believe that your visitation rights have been violated, you may file a complaint by calling x5555 at any bedside telephone or 301-552-0899 from an outside telephone.