Lanham, MD – On June 21, Doctors Community Hospital designated 10 people as lay-healthcare chaplains. By completing its Clinical Pastoral Care Training Program, these designees have elevated their knowledge to further provide religious and spiritual support to people (e.g. patients, family members and employees) within healthcare settings.
The Clinical Pastoral Care Training Program requires that each participant attend three eight-week training classes and complete 200 hours of practical training – all supervised by a board-certified healthcare chaplain and with the approval of Doctors Community Hospital’s certification endorsement committee.
The hospital congratulates this year’s recipients:
- James Amara, Hyattsville, MD
- Akindjide Awujobi, Bladensburg, MD
- Telita M. Yates Estes, Washington, DC
- Nathaniel Fagbenjo, Hyattsville, MD
- Alonzo K. Jackson. Sr., Brandywine,MD
- Alease Jones,Bowie, MD
- Erzell Newkirk,Washington, DC
- Richard Price, Sr.,Lexington Park, MD
- Barbara Benton Shaw, Washington ,DC
- Lynette Tait, Greenbelt, MD
For more information about this free training program, contact Doctors Community Hospital’s Department of Pastoral Care at 301-552-8051.