Lanham, MD – Doctors Community Hospital is currently seeking front desk volunteers. Committing to volunteer for 4 hours each week for six consecutive months, opportunities are available daily from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. These customer-service focused volunteers will greet and check-in visitors, comfort family members, answer telephones and provide general campus directions.
Doctors Community Hospital volunteers must be ages 18 or older with excellent people and telephone skills as well as basic computer knowledge. All volunteers must complete an application packet that includes consent forms for a background check and a health screening. Also, they must read and sign volunteer and confidentiality agreements. Required orientations will be held during the following dates and times in 2015:
- Wednesday, January 7; 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 15; 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 4; 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 25; 6:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 15; 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
In appreciation for their services, each hospital volunteer receives:
- A free daily meal in the hospital’s cafeteria
- Access to many social and educational sessions offered at the hospital
- Free flu shot and basic health screening
- Free parking
- Invitation to a volunteer recognition event
To learn more about becoming a Doctors Community Hospital volunteer, call 301-552-8001, email mdudley@DCHweb.org or visit DCHweb.org/volunteer.
With a tradition of providing high-quality and comprehensive medical services, Doctors Community Hospital is dedicated to passionately caring for its patients and community. Founded in 1975, this non-profit institution is an acute-care medical and surgical hospital with 219-licensed beds. Along with primary care and advanced robotic surgery technology, some of the hospital’s other programs include:
- Bariatric and Weight Loss Center
- Cardiology Services and Outpatient Vascular Studies
- Center for Comprehensive Breast Care
- Center for Ear, Nose and Throat
- Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Comprehensive Orthopedic Program
- Doctors Regional Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Infusion Center
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Metropolitan Medical Specialists
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Center