Monday, November 17, 2014
Lanham, MD – Doctors Community Hospital has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in the United States. Doctors Community Hospital was recognized as part of The Joint Commission’s 2014 annual report “America’s Hospitals: Improving Quality and Safety” for attaining and sustaining excellence in accountability measure performance for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. It is one of 1,224 hospitals in the United States to achieve the 2013 Top Performer distinction.
The Top Performer program recognizes hospitals for improving performance on evidence-based interventions that increase the chances of healthy outcomes for patients who have certain conditions, including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, children’s asthma, stroke, venous thromboembolism and perinatal care, as well as for inpatient psychiatric services and immunizations.
It is the second year Doctors Community Hospital has been recognized as a Top Performer. The hospital is one of only 712 hospitals to achieve the Top Performer distinction for the past two consecutive years.
To be a 2013 Top Performer, hospitals had to meet three performance criteria based on 2013 accountability measure data, including:
- Achieving cumulative performance of 95 percent or above across all reported accountability measures;
- Achieving performance of 95 percent or above on each and every reported accountability measure where there were at least 30 denominator cases; and
- Having at least one core measure set that had a composite rate of 95 percent or above, and (within that measure set) all applicable individual accountability measures had a performance rate of 95 percent or above.
“Delivering the right treatment in the right way at the right time is a cornerstone of high-quality health care. I commend the efforts of Doctors Community Hospital for their excellent performance on the use of evidence-based interventions,” said Mark R. Chassin, M.D., FACP, M.P.P., M.P.H., president and CEO, The Joint Commission.
For more information about the Top Performer program, visit http://www.jointcommission.org/accreditation/top_performers.aspx.
Doctors Community Hospital is a premier medical and surgical hospital. Dedicated to passionately caring for patients and the community, it provides high-quality and comprehensive health care at convenient locations.
From compassionate employees and award-winning programs to free screenings and support groups, it is committed to helping people maintain or improve their health and the quality of their lives. Some of the hospital’s specialty programs and services include:
- Bariatric and Weight Loss Center
- Cardiology Services and Outpatient Vascular Studies
- Center for Comprehensive Breast Care
- Center for Ear, Nose and Throat
- Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Comprehensive Orthopedic Program
- Doctors Regional Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Imaging Services
- Infusion Center
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Metropolitan Medical Specialists
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Center
For more information about Doctors Community Hospital, visit www.DCHweb.org.